Tuesday, 20 February 2007

Happy Chinese New Year !
































































I would like to wish "A Happy New Year" to my readers.

Last weekend, I went to watch the celebrations for the Chinese New Year in The Hague. "The Parade" was a bit disorganised, with the security-guards regularly changing their minds about how they wanted the spectators separated from those people walking in the Parade.

I *was* surprised to see the large numbers of *non*-Chinese people taking part in The Parade, and most of the spectators were also non-Chinese.

After watching the Parade, I went to an authentic Chinese restaurant for an authentic Chinese meal ( - duck and rice), which unfortunately was *too* authentic for me !


Over the past 6 months *4* ( - nearly 5 !) of my acquaintances in Holland have decided to separate from their partners.
My partner and I separated 7 years ago, and so I understand how such things can happen. But it is sad.
On the one hand, I don't think that it's good to be living in a love-less relationship, but on the other hand it is *really* hard to find/start a relationship if (like me) you are living in a foreign country.

No comments: