Tuesday, 29 May 2007

Back from holiday

I'm just back from a 2 week holiday.
I visited Singapore, Hua Hin and Bangkok.

Here is a photograph of me in the bar at the Raffles Hotel in Singapore: it had always been one of my ambitions to drink a "Singapore Sling" cocktail in the bar at the Raffles Hotel, and I was really pleased that I did it !
I really liked Singapore - I liked the weather, and I liked the cleanliness, and the availability of public-toilets (!).



Then I went to the beach resort of Hua Hin in Thailand.
I don't really like lying on the beach ... and so I walked around the town, and I also visited a beautiful temple one hour outside the town. However I did walk along the beach for one hour, and my skin was badly burned ! I must *promise* myself not to lie *or walk* in the sun !
Then I went to Bangkok - I was in BKK 20 years ago, and I wanted to re-visit my favourite bars from that time - unfortunately there has been a lot of re-development in BKK in the past 20 years, and all of my favourite bars from that time have closed/disappeared.

I'm now back in Holland ... and I'm very jet-lagged ... I'm getting old ...

I'll write more about my adventurtes tomorrow.
Now I'm going to try and sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear AA,

Welcomeback to Holland.

We have been waiting for you !!



Your favourite bards have closed??? that's good for you.

Because your good memory of bards still can alive...

I hope you understand my pooor English.

See you.

Basil Brush said...

Dear Y,

Thanks for your greetings.

I had many memories of certain places ( = hotels/bars, etc) that I visited 20 years ago in BKK, and it really is a shame that the places do not exist anymore.

However you are right - I *still* have my memories (and a few photographs).
And maybe it is better this way - perhaps it is better *not* to re-visit your favourite places - they might not be "nice" anymore.