
- And notice the (cheap) Sake-cup !
For several months an "Asian" movie was shown every week on Dutch television - "Asian" included Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and Thai movies.
I taped several of these movies, and I've just finished watching a black-and-white movie (from the 1960's ?). I didn't set the timer for the video-recorder properly and so I missed the beginning *and the title* of the movie. (Sorry).
It was a gangster-movie about hired-killers ... and there were several parts that I didn't understand, and there were several parts that I just didn't like.
I wish that I knew the title, so that you could agree or disagree with me about the movie.
- I feel that I've just *wasted* 2 hours of my life.
This is a holiday-weekend in Holland, and so I wont be working on Monday.
Once again this is a chance for me to finish more of my "tasks-to-be-done".
I've actually been able to finish many things during the holiday-weekends in April and May.
I've been able to reorganise many things on my pc, to read/study some things, to throw some things in the rubbish-bin, to make a few phone-calls, and to write a few e-mails - I'm *very* pleased with myself.
This weekend, I've been invited to a barbecue at the house of 2 of my closest friends ( - they are husband-and-wife) - I'm really looking forward to it. I really enjoy their company. [They have asked me to talk to their teenage children about the importance of doing well at school ...].
However, there *will* be a problem getting back to my house from their house, late on a Sunday evening, by tram-and-train.
Today was *supposed* to be my last day at the Physiotherapist ..., but when I went there this afternoon there was a sign on the door - "Due to the funeral of a family-member, the Physiotherapist has cancelled all of her appointments today".
I'll have to contact her again next week ... but I think that my treatment has ended.
My back is *not* yet "normal" ... but I'm not sure that it will *ever* be "normal" again ...
I'm going away on holiday in 2 weeks, and so this week I went to the Regional Health Service to get a vaccination against Hepatitis. I will also have to buy some mosquito-repellent -- something that actually *works* !!
Last year I was bitten by a (wild) monkey, and I had to get Rabies vaccinations - I hope that I don't do anything stupid *this* year ...
My Japanese-teacher is trying to organise a Summer-course for her students - *if* she can find enough students who are interested.
Unfortunately (for me), I've not spent any time studying Japanese since the end of the *last* course, and so the *next* course will be (very) hard for me. (I've been spending the past few months studying other things).
I'm afraid that the teacher will *not* be pleased with me.
My band will be performing for an hour at the end of June. This means that the band has to practice quite seriously nowadays. Unfortunately, "serious" means that there is now a *lot* of stress among the musicians during the rehearsals - and the guys are now getting angry with each other ... This is not good - everything is much less fun.
This is the book that I'm now reading "simultaneously" with my friend who lives in Munich.

The Mother of a friend is (slowly) dying of acute-leukaemia, and my friend has gone to be with her Mother for the next few months ( - until she dies).
Death is *never* 'easy".
It's hard if someone you love dies *unexpectedly*, without warning ... and it's hard if someone you love dies *slowly*.
Death is inevitable - but it's *still* hard.
My Mother died 15 years ago, at the age of 59, and my Father died 6 years ago, at the age of 69.
I wish that they were still alive ... there are *so* many things that I would like to talk to them about.
Meanwhile, I am planning to take early-retirement (in 3 [?] years time): I'm trying to make sure that I have a quiet, relaxing period in my life (when I can *somehow* help other people) before I die. Of course, first I'll have to learn how to relax !
.
No comments:
Post a Comment