Sunday, 22 June 2008

Performing with the band

.
My band (well, the band in which I play !) will be performing for 45 minutes on Tuesday evening.
We are going to have a last-rehearsal on Monday evening, to try to fix the last-remaining problems.

I've been laying out my "performance" clothes, so that they will be ready (and clean !) for Tuesday:-
I play in jogging-trousers or shorts, because I don't want anything to become "entangled" with the bass-drum-pedal, and I generally don't like playing with a long-sleeved jumper. Hopefully, it'll be warm enough for me on Tuesday evening to wear a t-shirt.
I'll also take with me my "lucky" (?) headband. I bought it in Japan several years ago ... and the Shopkeeper told me what the meaning was of the Kanji ... but I can't remember anymore. If *you* can read it ... can you please tell me the meaning !



Here is a picture of the band performing last year. (The white "bar" in the middle of the photo is one of the supports which was holding up the tent !).



***

My Japanese teacher has decided that her students must make an unofficial (!) attempt at a "serious" exam - the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (Level 4 = the *lowest* level).
I *hate* exams - I hate having to prove/show how much I know (and how much I *don't* know).
It's all very well for other people to say that it's not "serious"/important ... but it's serious for my *ego*.

***

I spent last night watching a television series about a Scottish detective called "Rebus".
It felt really good to be "back" in Scotland.

***

For those people who are following the "house-story", here is a recent picture.



***

Another war has broken out between the Management at my office and the Union.
The staff will be going on strike (again !) this Summer.
I'm getting too old for stupid/bad management ...

.

No comments: