Thursday, 18 September 2008

また スト です。


.
The employees at my company think that our Top Bosses have a "conflict-of-interest" in running the company. (I don't want to write too much private information here).

And so our union has organised a strike-day today to protest to the European Union in Brussels about this situation.

I have been working for this company for 25 years, and this argument has existed ever since I started - I don't doubt that the argument will continue after I'm gone.
 - Hopefully the company wont be destroyed by our top Bosses in the near future.




***

Yesterday I received an e-mail from the boss-of-my-boss. 

She wants to meet individually with all of the staff for whom she has responsibility, and she proposed a date-and-time to me for a 45 minute meeting.

This makes me very, *very* angry.

I have much-too-much work, and some of my work should have been completed *months* ago.

I eat my lunch at my desk to save time, I don't take tea-breaks, I don't take all of my leave-days, I take work home.
I can't sleep properly at night, and I'm a borderline-alcoholic.

***And she wants me to give up 45 minutes of my working day to "chat" with her ?!***

In reply, I sent her an angry (but polite !) e-mail.
I told her about my work- and private-situations, and  I told her that her request to have a meeting on *my* time was simply "unfair".

I'm certain that my boss will be very angry with me, but I feel very strongly about this.
My boss's  boss has to realise that it is *she* who has to pay the "price" for meetings with the staff, and it is not *us* who have to pay this price. 

Could this be the beginning of the end of my career ?
 - Watch this space.




***
.

No comments: