.
***
I'll be performing in a musical-show next week, and I've been rehearsing *every day* for the *past* week - I'll also be rehearsing every day for the *next* week too.
I'm *desperately* tired.
Today I had a Japanese lesson, and I was completely useless.
Unfortunately, I have no time to do *any* practice or "serious" homework before the next lesson next week.
This evening I rehearsed with my band - and I've also not been able to do any practice for them either, and so once again, I wasn't very good.
All-in-all, at this time ... I'm feeling completely useless at *everything*.
***
I recently had 2 groups of visitors.
First my oldest, best friend was in Holland on a business trip, and he came to visit me for one night. I really, *really* enjoyed his company.
Then a family member and her boyfriend came to stay with me for a weekend.
Unfortunately they didn't come with any tourist-ideas, and all they had were *my* suggestions ...
One of my ideas was to drive for 90 minutes to the "Delta-Works" in Zeeland, where there is an amusement-park and an exhibition about Holland anti-flood defences.

.

***
I was invited to a restaurant in Rotterdam last Saturday, and the idea was completely bizarre.
A friend in Holland has been dating her boyfriend for the past 12 months, but he's being transferred by his employer from Holland to China. Last Saturday was his last weekend in Holland.
My friend will *not* be joining him in China, and so this evening was to "celebrate" (?) the *end* of their relationship.
I found the evening *very* strange, and I didn't know what to say to the boyfriend at the end of the evening ... "See you !" (?)
- Bizarre, bizarre, ...
***
I work in a tall tower-block, and the biggest and best rooms are the "corner"-offices. [There 4 corner-offices on each floor].
These rooms are allocated according to "anciennite" ( = the number of years that someone has worked for the company). I was next in line to get the next available room.
A room became available last year (because someone retired) but I didn't want it because the room was too close to several guys in my department that I think are idiots, and so the room went to the guy who was next-in-line after me.
But *another* room became available this month (because a boss moved from one floor to a different floor) and now it's *mine*.
I've been moving my stuff this week from the old-room to the new-room, and my pc should be moved on Thursday.
I really feel that my "career" is complete now - I have the grade that I always wanted, and now I have the office that I always wanted.
And only a few more years to go, and then I can do "something different".
***
Tonight is the dress-rehearsal of the show, and so this afternoon I have to take my drumkit and my other equipment to the theatre.
After months of preparation, ... this is *it*.
***
.
No comments:
Post a Comment