I'm back ... after a short (?) break ...
So here we go again -
***
Spring has arrived in Holland, and that means that it's time to make a trip to the tulip-fields.
Here is a photo of the fields outside the world-famous (?) Keukenhof Flower Exhibition.
And it's even possible to see lovely blossom in the streets around my neighbourhood ...

A friend of mine "volunteered" my services as a drumming-teacher to his wife.
He bought her a drumkit last year as a Christmas Present, and he'd like me to give her some tips.
But really, I have no idea whether I'll be able to tell her something "useful".
Just because a person "knows" something, it doesn't mean that you can pass the information on to someone else.
- Just because a person is a native-English-speaker, this does not mean that the person can actually teach English to other people.
Q: Am I "born-teacher" ?
[A: Well, *I* don't think so ... ]
*
I also have *another* friend who *also* bought a drumkit ( - clearly there are many "frustrated drummers" around me).
And this was the DVD/book that I was going to use to help this second guy.
***
I bought this book 15 years ago, but I haven't read it yet.
I took the book on holiday with me earlier this month, but I was too busy, and I just didn't have any time to read it - my family were just too "interesting" for me.
I'll take it with me again during my *next* holiday ( - probably in August).
A friend of mine (who wants to be a full-time actress) will be appearing in a 1-hour play at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in August, and I'd like to show my support by going to see the play.

***
My heart is *still* doing "strange" things.
I have uncomfortable "mystery" pains in my chest from-time-to-time, and I'm also less fit than I was at this time last year.
I *was* thinking of going to see a doctor in Britain to get a "second opinion" about my heart ... but there was too much to do, and I just didn't have the time.
But a friend has told me that her Mother is slowly dying - so my problems are trivial compared to this.
[I've also spent some time thinking "black thoughts" about my life: if my life *were* to end "soon" ... , I'm actually quite happy with the things that I've done/been able to achieve. It's always possible to do *more* ... but I'm pleased with the (small + medium-sized) things that I've been able to do to help other people - I've tried to help the people around me who will accept my help, and it's hard to help people if they wont accept your help.
***
I went on holiday to Britain for a week to visit my family, and I really enjoyed the trip.
I also had to visit the bank ( - British banks have spent the past 10 years doing ridiculously stupid things). I also heard from my bank that they were a little bit unhappy with having me as a customer, because (from their point of view) I live in a foreign country.
Here are 2 photographs:-
This is the main museum and art gallery in Glasgow ...
and this is a picture of the old part of Glasgow University ...
I hope that you can see the pictures better if you click on them !
***
I'll think of more things to write "soon" ...
Thanks for passing-by and reading this.
***





No comments:
Post a Comment