Sunday, 14 June 2009

なげき

***





***


I find that there are 3 elements that make up "grief":-


1. One grieves for the person who has died - the dead person leaves a vacant "hole" behind them: their 'contributions' are over.
2. One grieves for the family and friends of the dead person - they experience the "hole" that has been left.
3. One grieves for oneself - the death of a close friend/relative reminds one of one's own mortality, and forces one to think about one's own "legacy".




And so I have spent the past days thinking about what *I* will 'leave behind' when I die.




I have also been thinking about the number of people who might grieve over my death ... and (from my viewpoint) I can't think of many.



A therapist told me recently that "most people" are concerned about how they will be remembered after they die - people spend time worrying about their "legacy".
- However I am *not* like "most people": I don't worry at all about what my "legacy" will be, because there aren't many people who think that I'm currently making any kind of "contribution".

*


But meanwhile, let us learn something from the death of a loved one - please let us learn to "live", while we still have the chance.

Life - you *will* miss it when it's gone.



- But, then again, let's not think *too* deeply about these things, ... huh ?


***

No comments: