
Today I talked to several friends about "blog-etiquette": it has been suggested to me that I shouldn't write about things which are too private, and I shouldn't ever use the real names of people (including my own). I'm quite afraid that I am going to offend or embarrass one of my friends or colleagues. And if I'm not supposed to write about things that are *too* private, then I wonder what I *am* going to write about !
Today my department (about 20 people) went out to a restaurant for a "Christmas" lunch. In the past I would join in with these lunches, but now I find that they are held so early in December that, for me at least, there's no "Christmas"-ambience to the meal, and I'm also afraid of spending several hours sitting next to people that I would rather *not* be sitting next to. My boss believes that I am being anti-social for not going to the restaurant, however my ideas are different - there are many guys in the department who don't make *any* effort to talk to each other all year, and they *need* to meet and talk to each other, even if it is just for *one* afternoon per year.
Today a friend wrote an e-mail to me; I hadn't heard from her for several weeks, and I was *really* pleased and relieved to hear that she was okay. It's really hard when you have a friend that you only contact by e-mail: if you don't hear anything from them for some time, you start to worry that something really terrible has happened.
As a "New Year Resolution" I have decided (again ?) that I must write e-mails more often to my friends. I *really* like to receive letters/e-mails from friends, and maybe they feel the same way too ! Ideally, I'd like to hear something from *each* of my friends *every day*. Their messages really help to cheer me up ( - even when they are telling me about their *problems* !).
I have opened a Skype-account, and I talked with a friend last night. Skype is free, and it is an excellent way to keep in touch. I must convince more of my friends to join up.
I'm going to think tonight about what I "can" write here. Maybe I can write something about my feelings, and hopes, about how I feel when I am listening to "my" music, and why I choose to read the books that I read . So far I've only told one friend about the address of this blog, so this will give me time to practice my "blog-writing-style", before anyone gets to read something insulting.
However, I find the idea of writing about myself quite frightening !
(I'd really like to see what other people write in their *blogs*, so that I can have a better idea about to write in my own blog).
Perhaps when I'm ready, I can tell *all* of my friends about this blog, and then they'll (perhaps !) understand me better.
Included here is a photograph of my "ex"-dog. When my ex-girlfriend and I split up 7 years ago, we decided that my dog and her dog would move in with her ( - it was the best thing for both dogs). But I've not seen my (ex-) dog for 2 years, and I really miss her. I love the loyalty of a dog, and their eagerness to please. I look forward too getting another dog sometime in the future.