Sunday, 26 August 2007

Thoughts after the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, and a Birthday

.

.
I saw 2 shows at the Fringe that "touched my soul": the first was the show about the life of Aung San Suu Kyi, and the second was a children's story about a child escaping from the Chinese Authorities over the mountains from Tibet into India.
Later this week, I will send cheques to 2 different organisations - one working for the return of democracy to Burma, and the other maintains a school in India teaching Tibetan children.

***

I celebrated my birthday this weekend: I went with a friend to a Thai restaurant that neither of us had been to before.
We went very early, to avoid the crowd.
We chose the restaurant's "Menu of the day" - the food was great, the portions were large, and the staff were friendly.
I can recommend this restaurant to everyone - but non-smokers should go *before* 19.30 in the evening; *after* 19.30 the restaurant permits the customers to smoke.
.

.
.

No comments: