Wednesday, 8 August 2007

The tourists go home, ... and an infection

.

.
Well, my teenage tourists have gone home - one returns to school, and the other will start university in September.
My house is definitely *quieter* (which is b-a-d), but I 'm pleased that I no longer have to live with 2 careless, thoughless, lazy people.

*

My *next* medical problem has arrived:-
.
.
.

.
.


.
.
"Sometime" last weekend, I was bitten by an insect - on *both* ankles, and the bites have developed into an infection.
The pain/irritation has been so bad that I have been unable to sleep.
I went to the Doctor, and she has given me antibiotics tablets, and also tablets for the "itchiness".
I have "plans" to go on holiday to Scotland tomorrow for one week ... but the Doctor did not think that this was sensible.
Hopefully, the blister-situation will improve in the next 18 hours !

***

My "plan" is to go to visit a friend in Edinburgh, to see some shows at the Edinburgh Fringe ( - the Edinburgh Arts Festival is well-known in the world, but the tickets for these shows are much too expensive, and this is why I prefer to see shows at the Fringe).
I will also meet another old friend for a few days, and I'll go to a dinner held in honour of my Aunt's 80th birthday ( - unfortunately, this means that I'll have to meet several relatives that I'd rather not meet ! ... "You can choose your friends ... but you can't chose your relatives !").
.

No comments: