Sunday, 24 February 2008

ピラテス クラス

.
I'm not-at-all adventurous, and so I make progress in my life in *very* small steps.

Several weeks ago, a friend suggested to me that I should join a Pilates class.

I *found* a class ... but the class had problems finding a teacher.
Now the class *has* found a teacher (albeit one who is inexperienced), and I made contact with the teacher 10 days ago.
She agreed that I could join her class, and she told me where+when the class takes place.

On the day of my *first* lesson, I went to the room ... and *no-one* was there !
I checked with the teacher after the lesson, and it seems that the room changed, and she was unable to tell me on time.

We have laughed about this mix-up, and I should have my first lesson on Thursday.

See, very small steps ..

***



I ordered this book from Amazon at the beginning of the year, and it has now finally arrived.

I have been told that if I read this book, and *if* I carry out the suggestions in the book, then I should (slowly) learn to become happier.

I have read the first 50 pages of the book, and I can see what the writer (a French, Buddhist Monk) is trying to do.
I am reminded of a quote from Samuel Johnson:

"The fountain of content must spring up in the mind; and ... he, who has so little knowledge of human nature, as to seek happiness by changing any thing, but his own dispositions, will waste his life in fruitless efforts, and multiply the griefs which he purposes to remove."

- If I want to be happier, I must try to change *myself*, and I must not waste any time trying to change the things around me.

... I will try.


But please be patient with me.

***



I have suffered from stiff shoulders for *years*, but in the past 4 months my shoulders have become even *stiffer*.
At the end of December, I had several appointments with a "Sports-masseuse", and this helped, but I didn't think that it was The Answer.
Last week I had my first "Chair-Massage" at the office from a Physiotherapist.
Unfortunately, this massage was *much* too gentle (for me), and it is not The Answer either.

I have a business-card from a Shiatsu-Practitioner, and I'll try to telephone her tomorrow to make an appointment.
Maybe *she* will be The Answer ...

[I just want an "aggressive" massage to relax the muscles in my shoulders ... ].


***



Last week a Central-Heating-Engineer came to check my Boiler. (The Boiler had been "sick" for several weeks).
The good news is that everything is working normally again.
The bad news is that it cost €200 to fix this problem - but maybe my 15-year-old Boiler can live for another year.

***



Here is the latest photograph of the house in Thailand.

Click on the photo for a bigger/better view.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you do not mind, I could give you `Shiatsu` for you.

= Moshi yokereba, shiatsu wo shimashouka?

Basil Brush said...

Dear Y-san,

Thank you for your very kind and generous offer.

Yes please, I would like to make an "appointment" with you - perhaps *you* are the solution to my problem !


aa/bb = optimistic !