Saturday, 2 February 2008

もう すぐ たいしょく する ん です か ?

.
Who wants to be "Very Good" ?
.

.

Every 2 years at the office our Boss has to write a report on us.
These reports are used to decide who gets a promotion.

Last Monday, my Boss has told me that he is going to give me a "Very Good" for my latest report - this means that I could be promoted in 5 (?) years.

However, on Monday I'm going to tell him that I don't want him to give me a very-good-report.
- A "Good" report is *good-enough* for me.

This is because there's *no* way that I would still be at the office in 5 years ..., and I would prefer that he gives a very-good-report to someone else to can use it to help *their* career.

***
.
But then maybe not even *3* years ...
.

.

Last Thursday a colleague from our office in Germany asked me if I would take over a "late" dossier from him.
("Late" means that the work should already have been completed several weeks ago).
I agreed to accept the dossier, and I sent an e-mail to my colleague saying, "Yes, I'll do it, but *next time* please don't be *late* with asking me".

It seems that my colleague was upset by my reply.
He sent a copy of my e-mail to his Boss.
Then his Boss wrote an e-mail to me saying "You are offensive, and I don't like your tone".

My first reaction was to become *really* upset (for a *lot* of different reasons) with the idiots who work in the German office.

My second reaction is to think about *retirement*.

It's clear to me that I can no longer work with the a§§holes ( = my colleagues) who work at my office.

I now clearly understand that the office *no longer* needs the kind of "skills" that I have.

***
.

.

I have several friends who I feel don't receive enough presents.

And so, last week I gave a present to a friend on her birthday.

I'm *really* not sure if my friend *likes* to receive birthday presents.
I'm afraid that I made her feel very embarrassed.

Life is hard ( - well, for *me*)

***



.
This afternoon I watched a DVD of a Redskins game from 25 years ago.

It was truly fabulous to see a "winning Redskins team".

The Redskins have not been a "winning team" for the past 20 years ...

***
.


Today is the day before the American Football Superbowl.
This is the day that the Sports Writers of America decide who to elect into the American Football "Hall of Fame".
Being elected to the Hall is The Pinacle of a player's career.

For the past 8 years, one of my favourite Redskins players, Art Monk, has been a "final candidate" .... but he never collected enough votes from the Writers to be elected into the Hall.

Today it was announced that he *was* elected.

I'm super-pleased for the man. He had been ignored for much too long.
.

No comments: