Here's the latest news about what I know so far about the pain in my chest .... but it's not a lot !
This morning I went to the Cardiology Dept. at my local hospital, and a kind nurse took an ECG of my heart. After that I could see Dr "Cardiology".
He didn't seem to be very impressed with my ECG-results/chest-problems ! (But he didn't tell me *anything* about what he could-or-couldn't see on the ECG print-out).
He asked me to make an appointment for (another) Chest X-Ray and also for a "Stress-Test" ( = an ECG while cycling *hard* on a bicycle).
His dream was that I'd be able to see him again with these results either *today* or *tomorrow* (!) ... Well there's *no* chance of *that*, because the only appointments that I could get from the Receptionist were in 3 weeks time !!!
(However, I *don't* think that this is part of the "usual" policy of the Doctors in Holland [ = "wait-and-see": it'll either get better [ = it's no longer a problem] ... or it'll get worse [ = it'll be easier to diagnose]).
So, I'm feeling reassured that my problems aren't *so* b-a-d, because otherwise Dr Cardiology would be more concerned.
I've been feeling very worried+"fragile" for the past few days, but I'll go back to work tomorrow, and I'll try not to think about my heart ( - well, if I can ... ! ...).
So the news is ... wait and see ... it doesn't seem to be *so* bad ... the Doc doesn't have enough info, yet ... etc ... etc ... but I *am* reassured (well, a little bit).
(However, I wont be going to the gym for the next 3 weeks, but I do feel better about the drumming-rehearsal + band-performance this week).
I'll be staying at home all day today, and that's (probably) cheating just a little bit, I think.
***
Meanwhile I hope that all of you are healthy and happy.
Now I can feel a little bit less selfish, and I can start worrying about all of *your* concerns+problems again.
- How are all of you anyway ?
***
Desiderata
Go calmly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for *always* there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering all the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with your God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.
--- Max Ehrmann, 1927
And here ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqqsJJ08-uQ&feature=related
***
With much love ...
.
No comments:
Post a Comment