***
The American Football season has started ... and so far, the Washington Redskins have been rubbish.
*Next* Summer, I'm going to think long-and-hard before I renew my subscription to watching their games on-line.
Meanwhile, here is a picture of one of our best "players":-

***
I made another appointment with the Cardiologist at my local hospital, and I told him how/what I was feeling recently.
He told me that he wanted to conduct some further tests on my heart, and he's decided that I should start taking "blood-thinners" ( - probably for the rest of my life). The blood-thinners are to reduce the risk of a thrombosis in my blood, which can lead to a stroke.
I'm almost speechless.
I am *so* disappointed with myself.

***
Finally, after almost 6 months, my band will get the chance to audition a lady-singer next week.
I really hope that we can do "musical-business" together.
The rehearsals for the English Theatre Group's Pantomime have started.
I helped to recruit 2 of the other musicians, and I think that we have a *really* good band this year.
This morning we rehearsed with 3 of the 5 singers in the show, and it's clear that we ( = the band) have made more progress than the singers in the past month.
But we still have another 2 months of rehearsals, and I'm feeling *very* confident that the musical side of the show will be good ( - as yet, I've not seen any of the actors).
I've had a problem with my bank for the past 2 months.
2 months ago I asked my bank for information about the amount of interest that was paid on my savings-account ( - it was less than I had expected).
Since then there has been no progress/information.
I've been a customer with this bank for the past 26 years, and I've noticed that ever since 1983 the bank only ever got *50%* of my instructions correct.
Once again, this has been yet another opportunity for them to disappoint me.
***
My Japanese lessons have started again.
Unfortunately (for me) there are 2 new students in my class that know different/more grammar/vocabulary than I do, and these differences will limit my own progress.
My Pilates classes have also re-started after the Summer-break.
I'm the only guy in the Beginners Class.
And so you could say that in both classes ... I'm the "Donkey".
Life's hard
***




No comments:
Post a Comment