Monday, 12 October 2009

Back to the Hospital


***

This is a picture of a "Holter-Monitor".
The device is a data-logger of the activities of the heart, and is usually worn for 24 hours.

[Note: This *isn't* my chest ! - I'm not so handsome.]




I went to the hospital this morning to have one of these fitted, and I'll be wearing it until tomorrow morning - then I have to go back to the hospital again.

Grrrr - I'm *so* disappointed with myself ...

***

After 17 years, my waterbed-mattress started to leak.

I spent 2 hours (!) yesterday draining the water out of the mattress, and on Friday a man will come to install a new mattress.

The good news is that the water-leak *didn't* lead to a disaster - there's a **lot** of water inside a waterbed-mattress !

Hopefully the new mattress will be installed without any problems ... hope, hope, hope ...




***

I spoke to my friend Kenny last night.
K works for a financial company as a Programmer in their Computer Department, but he'd *really* like to become a professional Photographer.
He's a *really* good amateur photographer, but he love to be able to make the jump over to being a "professional". His speciality is taking photographs of performers (musicians, actors) while they're performing on-stage.

He's managing to sell *1* photo per week to a magazine or newspaper, but this still isn't enough to let him make the "jump".
I wish him every success.

I'll see if I can find some of his photo's for you ...

***

No comments: