Wednesday, 16 January 2008

"Back to School"

.

.
Today was my first Yoga Class of the year, which was then quickly followed by my first Japanese class of the year.
So in a period of 2.5 hours, my body and then my brains were given a thorough work-out.

I don't do enough practice/"homework" for my yoga class ( - in fact, normally I don't do *any*), but I regularly do homework/preparation for the Japanese class - but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to help !
- To my Japanese readers ... I'm sorry, but I will *never* have even a mediocre understanding of your language. Sorry.

***

Today I had to write letters to 2 German clients - I would like to thank my colleague K who did all of the hard ( = creative) work for me. Quite simply, I would not be able to work without her.
Thank you, K !

***



Last week I *finally* got round to arranging a regular monthly money-transfer to the "Burma Campaign" organisation.
I know that I'm making a *very* small contribution, but I would like to do *something* against the generals who currently run ( = mismanage) Burma.

***



Last weekend I watched a video-tape of the movie "What dreams may come".
The plot of the movie is that a dead doctor searches for his previously-deceased children and his soon-to-be-deceased wife in the after-life.

I actually don't believe in an after-life, but this movie did touch my soul.

***

Several weeks ago, one of my colleagues made a stupid mistake, and he kept a "dossier" that he shouldn't have ...
Unfortunately, I will now have to work harder on this dossier to deal with his mistake.
- I find it hard enough to deal with my *own* mistakes: I am *not-at-all* happy about clearing up after the mistakes made by other colleagues.

At the end of this week one of my colleagues retires after 15 years.
Unfortunately, he has only produced 5 years of work in the past 15 years ...
The good news is that this "irritation" will be 'removed' in 2 days.

- If you going to work for someone else ... be prepared to earn your salary.

***

Last week I finished the German book that I was reading simultaneously with a friend in Munich.
Yes, I know that reading a book in a foreign-language is not *so* impressive ... but I'm quite proud of myself !

***

Today someone gave me a small, (completely) unexpected present.
L - Thanks !

I'm quite speechless about this.
.

No comments: