Sunday, 13 January 2008

Coughing; Happiness; and the Redskins

.


Well I'm almost 100% healthy again - well, as healthy as a person in their late 40's *can* be.
I've been taking the cough-mixture for one week, and I'm feeling a *lot* better.

- But now I have to *appreciate* being in good health, instead of just thinking that "good health" is a 'normal' condition.

***

This afternoon I watched a lecture on the internet from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. It was a First Year Physics lecture, and I already knew everything, but I really enjoyed watching it. I really love Physics.

After that I watched a lecture on the internet given by the French Buddhist Monk Matthieu Ricard. He gave a talk about how to be (or become) happy.
I felt so convinced by his talk that when he was finished ... I ordered his book from Amazon.



After the book arrives, and I've read some of it, I'll let you know if I'm ready to become a "new" (happier) person.

***

I watched a movie last night called "What dreams may come" starring Robin Williams.
The movie was about the afterlife as experienced by an American doctor, as he makes contact with his already-deceased children and his soon-to-be-deceased wife.
I thought that the movie was very touching - it was a kind-of "love-will/can-conquer-all" movie.
I'm sure that you can understand that it *wasn't* a shoot-'em-up/kill-'em-all movie with large doses of guns-and-violence.
- Some people would say that this is me trying to get in touch with my "feminine" side.

***
.

.

On Saturday I watched the Redskins play their last game of the regular-season: *if* they *won* the game, then they would be in the play-off's. [The play-off's are the knock-out games which lead to the Superbowl].
Well, they *did* win !
- And so we live to play for (at least) *one* more week.
I'm very proud of the team. They've lost 6 of their starting-players during the year - 5 to serious injury, and the other was Sean Taylor (who was murdered in his home). They have dealt with a *lot* of adversity since the season began last September.
.

No comments: