Sunday, 27 January 2008

At the Panto

.


Yesterday evening I went to the theatre to see the Pantomime of the English-Language Theatre Group.
For several years I have been the regular drummer in this show, and so it was an excellent opportunity for me to see what the show is like when I'm *not* in it.

Well, it was *awful*.
The Band played only 4 songs, and there were another 4 songs on a tape.
The songs which were selected by the Director for the show were rubbish, and the band didn't interact with the actors (or the audience) in *any* way.
There were 3 musicians - the keyboard-player was German, the Bass-player was English, and the Drummer was Spanish: *none* of them had any idea about what the job of the band is in a Panto.

And the show had no "energy".

I'm not-at-all sure *what* I could have done (if I had been the Drummer) to make the show better, but h*ll .... I would've tried *something* !

(But my feelings have been hurt a little bit this year [because I wasn't asked to be the Drummer in the show this year] - and so maybe *next* year, I wont accept their offer to be in the Panto ... well, that is, *if* I'm asked next year !)

***



My Blog-friend Luca7 regularly has photographs of her meals on her Blog, and so this is *my* contribution.

I decided to show some "solidarity" with my Oriental friends by "cooking" a packet in "Instant Noodles" for my dinner this evening.

But ... why does the cooked-meal *never* look like the picture on the outside of the packet ?

***

I watched the last game of the Washington Redskins in the 2007/2008 season.

The team managed to get into the "Play-Off's" (this is the knock-out competition after the season which leads to the Superbowl), but the team was *demolished* by the Seattle Seahawks in the first game of the Play-Off's.

After the game, the Head Coach of the team announced his retirement, and so the team is now trying to recruit a new Head Coach.
Will the Redskins be a better team next season ? ...... Probably *not* ...

***


I spent 2 hours this weekend backing-up data from my PC to an external-hard-drive, "just-in-case" anything b-a-d happens to my PC.

If *you* don't do this *regularly*, you *will* regret it - *please believe me* !

For example: do you have any photographs stored *only* on your computer (and nowhere else) ?
What would you do if you *lost* these photographs ??

- Learn from my mistakes !
.

No comments: