Last week my band performed at a "Musical Evening" - we were an "early" band, several other bands performed after us.
I didn't use *my* drumkit, but I used *my* carpet - the carpet stops the hi-hat and the drumkit from moving when I'm playing it ( - a drumkit *moves* when it's being played, especially the pedals).
I didn't stay to see all of the other bands. The last band helped to dismantle the instruments at the end of the evening, and put them back into storage-cupboard.
I have now found out that no-one thought that the carpet was "important" - the *instruments* were cleared away, but my carpet wasn't - it was (probably) put in the rubbish-bin.
- Once again, I'm shocked by the stupidity and thoughtlessness of other people.

***
My Japanese teacher invited a few students to her house for dinner. But she told us in advance that she would *not* be serving Sushi, Tempura, Sukiyaki, ... Instead she served a salad, Miso soup and "にくじゃが" ( = a Japanese Meat-and-Potatoes dish).
The food was different to what I normally eat, but the whole evening was very nice, and I really enjoyed myself. (I wasn't able to drink any alcohol, because I was driving my car that evening, and this is probably a *very* good thing for the hosts and the other guests ... because I talk a *lot* when I'm drinking beer, and almost everything that I say is *nonsense*.)

***
I'm reading another book "simultaneously" with my friend in Munich - this time it's "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson. The book was written as a children's pirate-book, but it was originally written in 1883, and I'm afraid that my German friend is going to have *many* problems with the English-language which is used in the book.

***
Last week the staff-union at the office called for a one-day strike, and I followed their instructions. I used the opportunity to do several tasks. I went to the Optician's Shop for an eye-test ( = b-a-d news), I went to a Chinese supermarket to buy snacks and sake ( = good news), and I went to a shop to buy enough beer and cider for the next 6 months ( = *excellent* news).
Now I'm ready for a hot Summer of reading/studying.


***
I went crazy recently, and I bought several small (but expensive !) bottles of perfumed-oil. One mixes a few drops of oil with some water in the warm "head" of an oil-lamp, and soon the room starts to smell nice.
- I wanted my house to smell of "Asia".
[My *favourite* perfume is *Jasmine*].


***
Several years ago I visited Japan, and I met a Japanese colleague working there, and we have kept in touch since then.
For the past 2 years, he has been working with a United Nations organisation in Paris, but he will be returning to Tokyo in 2 weeks time.
I visited him twice in Paris during his posting there, and I look forward to being able to meet him again (soon ?) in Tokyo.
I wish him a safe "transition" from an International-Civil-Servant back to a *Japanese*-Civil-Servant.
***
The lessons for the Japanese-short-Summer-Course have finished.
Now I can/will/*must* go back to the books and try to (re-)learn all of the things that I *should* already know ( = the things that my teacher thinks that I already know).
***

In October this year I'll be playing in the band for a comedy musical show taking place in Wassenaar. The show is about a group of Catholic nuns, and the problems that they face as they try to put on a performance of the "Mikado".
I've already tarted my "homework", before I start actually practising the songs, because the rehearsals will be starting *soon*.
I'll give you more information nearer the time about the performance.
It would be great if you could come along and see the show.
***
.
No comments:
Post a Comment