
I went to a small barbecue last week.
I told the host that I didn't like to eat meat with too much fat ... and (unfortunately) he bought meat with too much fat (for me) ! The hostess also served a salad covered in a mayonnaise-sauce, and I **hate** mayonnaise.
The *company* during the evening was *fabulous* ... but the food was awful.
.
It is "normal" that every year I go to Scotland in August: I visit my Aunt in Glasgow, and I spend several days in Edinburgh watching theatre and musical shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Arts-Festival.
However this year I wont be going ...
I was hoping to meet a friend in Edinburgh, but he recently spent a week in Scotland at the bedside of his sick mother, and so he wouldn't be spending *another* week there in August.
I really enjoy getting a "cultural-overdose" at the Edinburgh Fringe, but I prefer to go to see shows *with* someone else, because after the show I want to talk to someone about what I have seen/heard.
(I also enjoy sitting in Scottish pubs - and I don't want to do that all alone either !)
Here is a picture of the main Box-Office of the Edinburgh Fringe.

.
I work in an office, my room faces south and my south-facing wall is mostly window.
However my room doesn't have any air-conditioning.
This means that it can get *hot* in Summer.
I bought a fan 25 years ago: last week the fan stopped working, and I bought a new one.
The next say I tried the old fan again ... and it worked perfectly ... ! ...
I'm now very angry with The World - the new fan cost €20 !
... Does anyone want a new fan ? ...

.
I watched this movie last week.
The book-behind-the-movie was written by Haruki Murakami.
From Amazon:
"Tony Takitani is a simple, undemanding mechanical draftsman who lives a lonely existence. His mother died shortly after he was born, and his father is a jazz musician who is rarely around. But when Tony meets the young and beautiful Eiko, he falls for her instantly, despite their 15-year age difference. Their friendship slowly develops into love, and Tony soon discovers that Eiko is a shopaholic who cannot stop buying clothing. When tragedy strikes, Tony is forced to look at his life in a whole different way."
I really liked the movie, but I didn't understand the ending !!!!

.
15 years ago, a friend loaned me a copy of the book "Breakfast at Tiffany's".
Last week I *finally* got round to taking the book off the shelf and reading it.
It was a *great* story.
(And now I've read *another* book from the list of books that-*everyone*-should-read).

.
A French colleague "forced" me to buy-and-read *this* book -->

The book is a "fantasy"-story from the "Discword Series" written by Terry Pratchett.
The book *is* funny, but ...
... when I read a book I also like to learn something (useful) about the place where the story takes place (eg if I read a crime novel where the story takes place in Maizuru, then I hope to learn something about the city of Maizuru) - and this just isn't the case in a fantasy-story.
.


Last night I was invited by a friend to a Japanese restaurant to celebrate her recent promotion.
Our "Plan-A-restaurant", the" Suzuran", was closed, and we went to our "Plan-B-restaurant, the "Momiji".
I thought that the food [and the sake] was *wonderful* ( - Yes, I know that most/all of the staff working there are Chinese and not Japanese -- but *I liked it !*).
.
No comments:
Post a Comment