I *would* love to write about glamorous and exciting things in this Blog - but I seem to continuously come back to the subject of *health*.

Yesterday I went to the hospital (again ... ) to make an ultrasound-film of my heart, and to do a "stress-test" (making an ECG at the same time as riding on a bicycle).
Apparently there wasn't very much to be seen on the ultrasound-film, but one *could* see "strange things" on the stress-test-results.
A Cardiologist decided that I should make *another* ECG this morning, and if the results were still looking "strange", then they would conduct an electric-shock procedure on my heart, to (hopefully !) "re-set" the timing.
Well, this morning my heart was still beating strangely, and he decided to carry out the shock-procedure.
The procedure involves giving an electric shock to the heart to *stop* the heart, and then waiting (and hoping !) that the heart re-starts by itself in the correct rhythm. (This procedure is carried out while the patient is unconscious).

*After* the procedure the Nurse told me that it had been necessary to give me *2* electric shocks in order to get my heart to re-start in the "normal" rhythm.
I'm now feeling a little bit "fragile" - but I don't know if this is really necessary: perhaps my heart is now in as good a condition as *your* heart. (I don't know).
If I can sleep properly this evening, then I'll go back to work tomorrow.
Meanwhile, I'd like to thank the Nurses and Doctors who took care of my heart [ = しんぞう] today, and I hope that they're able to help many more people in the future.
And thanks to the people who have been worried about me - my heart [ = こころ] and I are very touched by your concern.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment