Sunday, 14 December 2008

The Office Christmas Party


***

Last night I went with 2 (non-office) friends to the Office Christmas Party.

*Normally* the buffet-food at the Party is *excellent* ... but I didn't like it last night.
*Normally* it's easy to buy drinks at the bar ... but there wasn't enough staff.
*Normally* the dance/pop-music is very good, but I thought that there much-too-much "bass" in the soundmix ( - and I *like* rock-music !!).

The 3 of us sat next to 2 other people, and they *also* helped to spoil my evening.
The other 2 people seemed to have had an argument *before* they arrived, and they weren't very friendly during the Party ... 

There were only stools at the party, and no seats, and so my back has been **aching*** today. 
-- **Why** do the organisers do this ??

All-in-all, no I *didn't* have a nice evening.
 - But there's always *next* year.
(That's me trying to optimistic ...).

[I'll maybe be able to put some photo's here later, after I've downloaded them onto my PC].

***




A friend loaned a set of "Holosync" CD's to me.
One listens to the sounds of waterfalls and bells on the CD's using headphones, and the sounds help one to enter into a state of meditation.

 - I listened to the CD for 1 hour this morning ... but I didn't have the feeling that it "did" anything for me.
I'll try again later this week.

***

My Japanese Lessons and my Sophrology Course have now stopped for the Christmas Break.
Of course, now I have to do the *homework/preparation* for the 2 courses.

I'm also still working on the new songs for my band.
The guitarist wrote a song where the timing on the words don't fit the timing if the melody of the song - I've spent 2 hours this afternoon trying to work out how the singer should sing the song ... 

***

I'll be working over Christmas and new Year ( - no holiday for *me* !).
My Boss has told me that I *must* try to produce a *lot* more work before the end of the year ...  

"Merry Christmas" from my Boss ... 

We've also been told that our salary increase this year will be *below* the rate of inflation.
*More* "Merry Christmas" ...

***

Back later (?)  .... 

***



No comments: