This evening was "Sinterklaas".
For several years at Sinterklaas I have given chocolates "anonymously" to the ladies who work in my department (and also the evening-cleaner) - but it has become clear to me that people are *so* suspicious nowadays that they *only* want to accept things if they know from whom the present comes. And if the gift is "anonymous" ... then they choose to throw it in the bin.
And so this year, I didn't bother.
- *What* has the world come to ?
[I was very pleased when a friend gave me a Sinterklaas-present just before I came home. I was *very* touched by her generosity.]
***
I've been invited to a party tomorrow evening, but I have made an arrangement with a friend.
If she's working, then I can do what I want ... however if she's free, then we'll do something together. [Unfortunately she wont know if she's working until 19.00 tomorrow ... ].
I'm not very happy that I've lost some control over my life.
***
On Monday I go back to the hospital to do more tests on my heart.
One of the tests is a "stress-test" - one pedals on a bicycle until one becomes exhausted, and at the same time the technician measures what is happening to one's heart.
My heart still feels very strange, and so this wont be pleasant.
I also went to the hospital last Monday morning to see about the pain in my hand.
The doctor has a look at my wrist - she didn't think that anything was broken, and she thought that I had a "trapped nerve" in my wrist. She suggested that I make an appointment with a Neurologist.
She thought that the problem was (possibly) "carpal tunnel syndrome".
Hopefully it isn't ... because this might mean the end of my "career" as a drummer.
***
Next week is the Christmas Party at my office.
There is some free champagne at the start of the evening, and then a free buffet (which is usually very good).
After the food the party *really* starts ... and that's when I go home ( - with my over-full tummy).
***
My book-reading-friend from Germany came to visit me this afternoon.
We talked for 2 hours, and I really enjoyed myself.
My friend is now at the age where if she wants to have children ... then she has to find a husband *soon* ...
But I don't know if there are any "candidates" at this time.
***
I've just heard that a musician from one of my favourite rock-bands has decided to retire because he fed up with the mentality that young people have nowadays that music should be "free", and that it's acceptable to share/steal it on the internet.
I am deeply saddened by this.
As I get older, more-and-more of "my" bands are retiring, and I don't know if there will be any music left for me to buy !
***
If you've been following the adventures of the take-over of the airports in Bangkok ... Thailand has become a real "Mickey Mouse" country.
***
No comments:
Post a Comment