Tuesday, 17 February 2009

Valentine's Day and Friends

.
I've always thought that one's friends are the most important people in one's life.
I think that friends are more important than one's family, and also more important than one's lovers.
However, please feel free to disagree with me.
(It's very possible/probable that one will change lovers during one's life ... but really, friends stick together for a *much* longer time).

And so I think that there should be a "celebration day" for friends.
 - The day that I suggest to celebrate one's friends is ... Valentine's Day.

So in my mind, Valentine's Day is not just a day to celebrate ones love for one's partner - it is also a day to celebrate one's love for one's friends.

And so I say to my friends:-

I send my love to you, and thank you for being my friend.

***

Here is a cartoon that I saw on Valentine's Day in a Dutch newspaper, and that I really liked:-






In translation, it says ...

"Friends are the sunshine in one's life".


 - I agree *absolutely*.


***

I've just come back from holiday, and I'll write more here in the next few days about what I did while I was away.

But I would just like to say here that I had a *terrific* time while I was on holiday ... and I'm really not happy to be back once again in my "normal" life.


[Yes, I know that there's currently a financial crisis in the world, ... but I'm *still* continuing to make plans for early-retirement in a few year's time.]


.

No comments: