***

I have to wait until I stop crying before I can write this ...
[It's now the next day ... ].
I watched this film on videotape, with Dutch subtitles. The film is a gentle romantic comedy, about a man who falls in love with the idea of dancing, and in particular, dancing with one particular dancing-teacher.
I really identified with the character in the film for several reasons: firstly, like the hero, I cannot dance, and I have no "grace" in my movements; secondly, when the hero was in his 40's, he decided that he wasn't happy, and he wanted to do something about it.
Several moments in the film were terribly embarrassing, and several moments were so rich with warmth, that I just had to cry.
I have a rule that says that I *have* to have a "serious" copy [ = DVD] of every film that makes me cry ... and so now I must look for this film on Amazon ...
***

Last weekend was "Burns Night", the annual celebration for Scotland's National Poet Robert Burns (25 January 1759 - 21 July 1796) .
(Burns was the Poet who wrote "Auld Lang Syne", the song that it sung all over he world at New Year, and at family-celebrations. Burns also wrote many romantic poems, but he mainly wrote about the common/usual things in his world - he didn't write about "fancy" things, which is one reason why I really like his poetry.)
During a Burns Night, people come together to eat Haggis, drink whiskey, dance, and listen to the poetry of Robert Burns: it is a *very* "Scottish" evening.
However this year I celebrated by myself - I got my book of Burns' poetry from my bookcase, and I read several of his poems.
This weekend was *also* the birthday of my Japanese friend, S.
It was only *this* weekend that I realised that Burns Night and her birthday were almost on the same day - in future, when I read Burns poetry, I'll think about her.
***
No comments:
Post a Comment