I went back to the Korean restaurant in Chinatown in The Hague yesterday.
It was a *very* pleasant experience.
It was an "all-you-can-eat" buffet - and I ate until I felt unwell.
I also had a plan to go to an "all-you-can-eat" Japanese buffet *this* evening ... but I ate so much yesterday that I had to cancel the reservation. I'll maybe go there *next* weekend ...
***
I have a colleague with a knee injury, and another colleague with a hip injury, and they are both is the same situation that I am currently in.
They have injuries, and they have consulted doctors, and the doctors have told them that their current "discomfort" is "completely normal" for their injuries.
They have been told *not* to go back to the doctor again **unless their situation gets worse**.
And this is *exactly* the same situation that I am in with my heart.
For several weeks my heart has felt b-a-d ... but the doctor has told me that this is "completely normal" for my situation, and I shouldn't contact him again until my situation gets worse.
Now I really don't know how much worse my situation has to become before I should contact him again !
I *was* thinking of contacting a doctor in Britain to get a "second-opinion" ... but I don't want to waste anyone's time.
I really don't know what to do.
***
I have a friend who built a house last year, and now she's [*seriously*] talking about buying more land and building a bigger house.
- Some people are just *never* satisfied.
I helped her this weekend with drawing up her plans/ideas for the layout of the rooms in her new house.
Of course, later these plans will have to be drawn properly by an architect.
***
I *never* get an opportunity to watch new movies, and so it was a great surprise (for me) that I got a chance to watch a DVD of the movie "The Reader".
The entire plot for the film hangs on the embarrassment that someone feels because she cannot read-and-write.
However, I really didn't think that this idea was really "credible", and for me, the film was completely unbelievable.
***
Our band has found a new singer [ - and also a new name], but his musical tastes are *very* different to the tastes of the other guys in the band: I predict that there will be some "friction" in the future about this.
The new singer also writes his own songs, and he'd like to play them with the band.
Unfortunately, his songs are rubbish ...
We also have a new guitarist joining the band this week.
And so really we have a completely "new" band ( - almost).
***
My Japanese lessons has ended for this semester.
There may-or-may-not be a Summer "practice" course.
But now the students ( - including-and-especially me !!) will have a chance to study/learn all of the things that they *should* have studied during the past 6 months.
This break will also give me a chance to spend a little bit of time on my other hobbies
***
This weekend a British "celebrity" Jade Goody died.
It is not in my nature to speak ill of other people, whether they are dead-or-alive; however this lady was a stupid, loud-mouthed racist, and the world is better off without her.
***
A friend came to my house this weekend ... and she saw that there was a [small !] "mould-problem" on the ceiling above the shower in my bathroom.
- She "took charge" and **demanded** that the problem be worked on *immediately* this weekend.
And so I bought a tin of undercoat-paint and a tin of anti-mould bathroom-paint.
Today we put on 2 layers of the undercoat-paint ... and next weekend we'll put on the anti-mould paint.
Sometimes I believe that I am *much* too easy in allowing myself to be controlled by other people.
***
No comments:
Post a Comment