I joined a band 22 months ago.
It was a five man band, but after a year the singer left (because he wanted to spend more time with his girlfriend).
We found a new singer ... but he left after a few months (because he didn't like the music that we were playing).
Then we found another singer ... but he left after a few months (because he was "unhappy" - I really don't know what he was unhappy with).
And so for the past few months we've been a 4 man band.
Today I heard that one of the guitarists wanted to leave ... (because he was "unhappy" ... ).
So now we are a *3* man band.
Q: Am *I* "happy" about this ? ...
A: No
If this continues I will be in a *1* man band.
I often ask myself if it is *so* difficult to "get on" with other people.
I don't think that it is.
But for some/many/most people, it *is* difficult to do this.
***
Today I also heard that a teenage member of my family would like to visit me ( = my house) for a week in the Summer, "with a few of his friends".
I am *desperately* unhappy about this - but it seems that I have no choice in this matter.
And so I am preparing a Plan B.
I will arrange to stay with a friend that week, ... but if that is not possible, I'll stay in a hotel.
I simply cannot stay at home during this "invasion".
*This* will be the result of their visit ...
.

No comments:
Post a Comment