***
I almost *never* have enough free-time to go to the cinema - or at least I just don't make enough effort to *find* the time ... and so a very rare event took place last weekend - I went to the cinema.
I have a friend who is a BIG fan of the movies of film-director Ken Loach, and he wanted to go see Ken's latest movie "Looking for Eric".
Many people ( - snobs !) don't like Ken Loach's movies, because they think that he makes "working-class" movies, where the working-class characters in the movies have working-class problems.
But I like his films, because they deal with people and situations that I understand/know about ( - probably because I myself have always remained "working-class" ... ).
I liked the movie, and the happy-ending made me feel very warm inside. (The bully-character in the movie finally got his "come-uppance" from the "Little People", and the hero-character re-found his self-confidence - this is the type of plot that I like in a movie).
***
I've not had time to read any books recently, and so I've been reading a poetry-anthology.
My plan here is to find poems that I like, and then to search around to find more work by my newly-discovered "favourite" poets. (I've always liked the poems of Wilfred Owen).
I like poetry for various reasons: it has a certain beauty, and I also understand just how difficult it is to write poetry because I don't have the necessary writing-skills.
***

This week, at different times and for different reasons, I upset *4* of my friends.
I'm constantly surprised to see how "thin-skinned" and unconfident many [most ?] people are.
I had always *hoped* that the people who know me would think that I don't have any "cruel intentions" - but it seems that there is a big difference between what other people think of me, and what *I* think of my own thoughts/actions.
***
The rehearsals for the pantomime are continuing, but the band is - well, really *the singers* are - having problems.
There are 5 singers, but for the past 2 months, they haven't *all* gone to the singing rehearsals.
This is a crisis because the singers are singing 3-part harmonies, and it is essential that they work/sing together !
The band hasn't solved all of *its* problems yet, but we still have 4 weeks.
Our keyboard player has also been able to see the rehearsals for the *dancers* ... and it seems that they are currently having even more problems than the singers.
- Things are *not* looking good.

- However, if you'd like to see a show which is funny because it's so b-a-d ... I still invite you to buy tickets.
***

No comments:
Post a Comment