I've just come back from a 3 week holiday in Thailand.
I spent several days at the beach, and then several days in Bangkok, and then the rest of the time in Chiang Mai.
The beach was *really* "my" holiday, because the rest of the time was spent doing things that *other* people wanted to do.
I was taken to markets, to shopping-malls, several times to the Vet, twice to the Driving-Licence Test-Centre, to the Thai Passport-Office, to the garage, to a *seance* (!), etc ...
(However I did manage to avoid going along to the Dentist, and to the Hospital).
- The things that I did during my trip were all certainly "different" ... but it wasn't really "my" holiday.
(But then what do I want from a holiday ? - Actually I want to do things that I don't normally do in my "normal" life ... and so maybe it wasn't *so* bad).
I *did* manage to go swimming *once*, and I was given the time to read several books and from-time-to-time I was able to listen to music.
I came back to work, but I just couldn't find any "professional"-enthusiasm.
I tghink that my days as a "productive-employee" are coming to an end.
***
Our band found a new singer ... and then lost it's lead-guitarist.
But then the wife of the new singer will be having a baby next week, and so he's going to be busy too.
***
I went for several massages when I was in Thailand, and I received some advice that was quite chauvinist.
The (Thai) masseur told me that my problems would *never* be solved by Shiatsu-massage; he said that *only* Thai-massage could help me ...
***
I've had a lot more free time than I normally have since the beginning of the year ( - for several different reasons), and I've been really pleased with the number of "projects" that I've been able to finish.
I've scanned hundreds of old photographs, I've "photoshopped" hundreds of new photographs, I've rearranged hundreds of photographs in the photo-library on my PC, I've read several books, I've watched several movies on video-tape, I've converted several video-tapes-to-DVD's and several audio-tapes-to-CD's. *Lots* of things ...
Unfortunately I've not had any opportunities to study any Japanese ... and so I'm going to have a painful experience during my next lesson. My teacher will be unhappy ...
***
At Christmas time a visitor to my house broke my old Satellite-receiver-box, and so I bought a new one.
When I was installing the channels on the new box, I noticed that I can now receive the *English* version of the Japanese television station NHK World.
I had no idea that I was able to receive this channel, and so I'm *really* pleased.
(All I need now if some more "free" time ... ).
***
Next week there's yet another strike-day at my office.
... Sigh ...
.
No comments:
Post a Comment