Sunday, 28 February 2010

"The Re-cycler" [ = "The Bin"]


***


Several years ago a friend wanted to get rid of all of his (old) video-tapes - he had bought a hard-disc-recorder, and he also has a DVD-player, and so he thought that he had no use for his old tapes.
I *still* use video-tapes, because they are *very* convenient, and so I accepted 40 of his tapes.
Some of these tapes have since "died" (of old age), but I'm still using the rest.

I just heard from him that he now wanted to get rid of his (old, big, expensive) radio-cassette-recorder.
He'll give it to me next week ...

***

Last Tuesday I went out with a friend and his son to an Indian restaurant.
It was a late celebration of his son's 18th Birthday.
It was a terrific evening - unfortunately the Birthday Boy thought that his Dad and I were a little too boisterous.

The Panto band will also be going out together for a meal in 2 weeks.
I nominated myself as the guy who would make the arrangements, and so with my limited imagination ... we'll be going out to the *same* Indian restaurant.
(British people are genetically predisposed to enjoy eating Indian food).

***

Last week there was another strike-day at my office.
Strikes and industrial actions have been a recurrent/constant theme during my career.
We must have some of the worst management in the *world*.

***

Some of my hobbies have been resting since the end of last year, but they start up again next weekend. And so I still have one week of "free time".

A friend has asked me to help her with sorting out her computer-photo-albums. This job isn't vary hard - it just takes a lot of time, and it's not very interesting.

***

20 years ago I enjoyed watching a television series called "Yellowthread Strret"; it concerned a group of British and Chinese policemen working in Hong Kong, *before* the British returned Hong Kong to China in 1997.

For *years* I've been trying to find (and buy) DVD's of the series ... and bow I'm trying Plan B.
I've just ordered the *16* books that were written by the Author.

Now I have to quickly read some of the books on my shelves so that I have *space* to put them.

***

Tomorrow evening I have a drumming-lesson.
Unfortunately when my teacher wrote down my homework for me last week, he wasn't clear about what he wanted me to study.
I've tried my best to imagine what he wanted ... but ...

And so that's another €35 "wasted".

***

I *almost* went out with a friend to a rock-concert last Friday, but the guy who had the original idea didn't make up his mind until 20.00 on Friday evening, and that's *way* too late for me to adjust my own plans.

***

A (temporary !??) painful problem has arisen in my lower-intestines, and so for-the-time-being I'm *only* eating yoghurt.
- Another chance to lose weight ?

I went to the gym yesterday, and I'll be going again today.
I find it really strange when people say that they *enjoy* going to the gym, because this is not-at-all *my* experience.
I go there because I know that it's good/necessary for me, *not* because it's "fun".

***

Last December a relative asked me if I would/could help her with a business-venture. But she wasn't sure how much "help" she needed.
I asked her to do the necessary "research", and then contact me again, so that we'd all know what we were actually talking about.

I'm afraid that she's going to come back soon with the results of her research, and it'll be more than I'd like.

Relatives ... sigh ...


I'm also making financial calculations, ... and then re-making the calculations, regarding my "future life" after I leave the office.
Quite simply there's less money "in the pot" than I'd like there to be.
However I'm sure that it'll be "enough" ... it'll just be less than I'd like it to be ... (I hope, I hope).

***

No comments: