
.
The 5th of December is a B-I-G Day in Holland.
Today is the day that Dutch children celebrate the birthday of Saint Nicholas ["Sinterklaas"] from Turkey.
- But recently, everything has become a little bit confused though ... Sinterklaas has become just a mini-Christmas for most Dutch children.
Today I heard that The Sint had visited a few of my (adult) friends - it was lovely to hear their stories.
The Sint even left a box of sweets for our Office Cleaner ! (I hope that she was pleased - normally the lady is quite grumpy).
But I think that it is important that Sinterklaas is not *only* for children.
- Adults need to "feel some love" too.
I'm really not sure what it is that I like about Sinterklaas.
- I just feel that it's important that "some people" understand that "other people" around them are thinking about them, from time to time.
I hope that The Sint visited *you* today, and brought *you* some love.
***
Several months ago, I bought a ticket for a Ballet Performance at Christmas-time in my local theatre.
I always like to see a b-i-g show at Christmas to help me to get into the mood of the "Christmas Spirit".
This show is called "Sleeping Beauty", and the ballet group comes from Russia.
This will be the *first ever* ballet that I have ever seen "live on stage" - in fact, if I stay for the whole performance, it will be the *first ever* ballet that I will have seen from beginning-to-end !
I *really* don't know what to expect from the show ... in fact, I don't know *how* to "watch ballet", I don't know what to look for in the dancing, and what to appreciate.
- It *will* be a Christmas-"adventure" (for me).
Note: This is what happens when someone ( = me) comes from a culturally-starved background [ -there are a lot of things that you don't know/never see when you are "working class"].
Here is a publicity-photograph from the performance ...
.

.
And here is a very *small* picture - I invite you to click on the image to get a bigger picture.

.
No comments:
Post a Comment