Saturday, 22 December 2007

My Christmas Season has started !

.

.
Yesterday was my last working day for 2 weeks, and so my Christmas holiday season has begun.

My yoga-teacher is on holiday, my Japanese teacher is on holiday. half of the guys in my band are on holiday, my drumming-teacher is on holiday, ... and so my "normal life" is "paused" for the next 2 weeks.

However, today I only did "normal" things - I went to the gym, and then I went to a Chinese supermarket to buy rice, oriental snacks, and (*cheap*) sake.

But this evening I'm going to a *ballet* performance.
[I have mentioned this below in a previous post].
I think that the show lasts 2.5 hours (!), and I hope that it is interesting enough to keep me awake !

***

For the next 2 weeks I'm hoping to finish some tasks, read a book in German, and study some Japanese.

I have also bought a b-i-g external hard-drive, and I hope to back-up *everything* that I have on my PC onto this new hard-drive - just in case my PC crashes again.

I'll also be going to meet a friend in London for 3 nights: I leave Holland on the 26th, and I'll be back on the 29th.
Being in London is *not* the same as being in my "home-town", but it's still nice to get the opportunity to eat British food/do British things.
The shops in London understand my "clothes-and-shoe sizes", and so I usually buy my clothes and shoes in Britain.
For example, every year I buy house-slippers in Britain.
Fortunately, my waist-line hasn't increased in the past year ( - normally it does !), and so I don't have to buy any new trousers this year.

***

Last night I watched a DVD of the Washington Redskins play against Buffalo Bills.
The Bills were *not* good ..., but we managed to be even *worse*. So ... we lost the game.

I'm really wondering why I make such an effort in time-and-money to watch these guys either play live in America, or on DVD at home -- they're *terrible* ... and they've been terrible for the past 15 years !
Sometimes ( - *often* !) I don't understand *why* I am "fan" !

***

One of the "rules" within my band is that every member has the opportunity to suggest *5* new songs: the band then has to select a minimum of *2* of these songs to play as "band-songs".
So over Christmas, I have to select my 5 songs.
This will be hard for me, because I have *so many* favourite songs that I'd like to suggest-and-play.

***

I'll come back tomorrow and tell you about the ballet.
.

No comments: