
.
I work in a large office, and so the Office Christmas Party is always a b-i-g event.
All members of staff and their partners are invited, and free food and entertainment are arranged.
The party takes place in the office restaurant, and so there's easy access to the food, tables, etc.
Everyone is asked to dress in a formal way ( - but not everyone does): I wore my black suit and grey bow-tie. (These are the most formal clothes that I have).
The Top Management in the office do not attend the party - this gives everyone an opportunity to "let their hair down" without the Bosses becoming "disturbed".
The fun starts at 19.30, and the guests are welcomed with a free glass of champagne, and the kitchen starts to serve the food from 20.30.
However every year there is a problem with the number of seats/tables - there are *never* enough places to sit+eat ... and this year there was the *same* problem. There were many people wandering around with food in their hands ... but with nowhere to sit.
There were 3 main choices for dinner, but there were also several different starters available, and the deserts are served from 22.00.
There is also entertainment during the whole evening, but really I am only there for the food.
[And last night the entertainment was much too *loud* !].
Our office is now spread over 4 buildings, and I'm always surprised at the number of people at the party that I don't recognise - of course, I wont recognise the partners, but there were many members of staff that I had never seen before !
The party finishes after 01.00, but I left at 23.00, just when things were starting to get livelier and louder.
If I stay after this, I will just drink more beer and start to say/do stupid things, and so it's safer for everyone (especially me !) if I just go home.
***
2 months ago the CD player next to my desk at home broke, and so I've been starved of music in the evenings.
We have been told that we are going to receive a (small) salary increase next year: so I made a "bold move" yesterday, and I went to a local electronics store and I bought a new CD player.
I can once again enjoy the sound of music in the evening. I'm really pleased.
[I'm now listening to a classic music CD by Vanessa Mae].
***
Next week is my last working week of the year.
I wont be working between Christmas and New Year.
Unfortunately I have huge amounts of late work to finish - but I wont be able to finish everything ! - My Boss will be quite unhappy with me ...
.
2 comments:
I am also looking for a new CD and *casette* player.
Our old player doesn't work well recentlly...
Could you tell me it which you bought.
You are almost proffettional about the music.
I respect, trust you.
hehe~.
Dear Y,
I hope that I will be able to help you - I will write a l-o-n-g e-mail to you about my questions/problems when I was in the shop.
I hope that you will soon have what you want/need.
.
Post a Comment