Sunday, 16 March 2008

ようつう で なやんでいます。

.
A friend helped me with this phrase:-

ようつう で なやんでいます = to suffer from backache

For almost 3 weeks, I have had backache, and I have suffered through various levels of absolute agony.
- However I know that *lots* of people suffer / have suffered from this problem ... but please understand that my tolerance for pain is *zero*.

For the first 2 weeks I took powerful painkillers and sleeping-pills, but I stopped taking the tablets 5 days ago, and of course, the (naked) pain returned.
I have visited a physiotherapist, and she is making her initial diagnosis ( - although I don't know what it is yet).
- But her diagnosis will probably be "lower-back instability" which led to "lower-back pain".
[There's nothing "sexy" or exotic in my situation.]

To all of the people who have *regularly* suffered from this problem - **I salute you** - because this has been *agony* for me.

I have been doing a series of stretching-exercises every day to force my back to move, and I am becoming more flexible/mobile with every day; at this rate of recovery, I hope to be "normal" again in 1 week.

***
.

.
I went to the theatre last night to see a one-man play called "Chaplin", about the life of Charlie Chaplin when he was an old man.

The play was very clever, and quite "involved" for a one-man show; the actor used *lots* of props and different tricks to get his ideas across.
I really enjoyed myself ... although I would have enjoyed myself more if I didn't have to sit still with a stiff-back in a theatre-chair for one-hour-and-a-quarter.

***

For many years I have known a large family, and I have become an "honorary" member of the group.
Unfortunately, the family is quite poor, and so they *never* have enough money to go away on holiday.
I'm delighted to say that I have arranged for several of them to go away together for a weekend-holiday.
- Believe me, it wasn't easy to convince these people to accept my generosity, but I think that their memories of the weekend will be "priceless".

***

A friend wrote today in her Blog that today was the first anniversary of the death of her Father.
I feel very sorry for her - I think that she loved her Father a *lot*, and she still misses him enormously.

Please, please, please, try to have the best possible relationship/contact with your close friends and family members -- you *will* miss them after they die, and you *will* wish that you had done things differently when they were still alive.

***

This week is the last lesson of my Japanese course.
It is *always* "uncertain" what will happen next: the teacher only wants to give lessons if she has enough students (to make her efforts worth her time). And she has to wait to see if enough students are interested in continuing with their studies.

I really hope that "somehow" the class manages to continue, but I also realise that "we will have to see what happens ...".
.

No comments: