Friday, 13 July 2007

After the rehearsal

.
The band rehearsed again yesterday evening.
The singer wanted to add extra verses into a few of the songs (because otherwise the songs would be too short), and so we practised these 'longer" versions.
We aslo played a little bit quieter than last week ... and so I didn't hear a "ringing" sound in my ears at the end of the evening.

***

We had an departmental meeting yesterday to discuss an important procedural point.
Unfortunately, the meeting turned really ugly for 5 minutes when the Boss and a colleague started arguing with each other.

***

2 colleagues and I are trying to convince the office to send us to a conference/course in Hawaii in October. (Yes, I know that many of the people reading this Blog have *already* been to Hawaii ... but *I* have never been there ...).

We presented a "provisional" estimate to our bosses several months ago, but we didn't have all of the necessary information to ask for "official" permission.

Yesterday afternoon we *finally* had enough information to fill in the forms asking for permission to go to the conference.

Our Boss signed our forms yesterday, and today we are *hoping* that our Boss's boss will sign our forms (before he goes away on holiday for 2 weeks).
After that, our Boss' boss's boss *also* has to sign our forms.

- There might be good news *soon*.
....... Maybe.
.

No comments: