Sunday, 8 July 2007

"Things that I always wanted to do ... "

.

.
I have always had a list of "thing-that-I-want-to-do-before-I-die".
I've done several things which were on The List (for example: working at CERN, the particle physics labotatory in Geneva; and drinking a "Singapore Sling" in The Raffles Hotel in Singapore), but there are *still* several things that I still want to do - for example: I would like to study Einstein's "General Theory of Relativity".

[I wanted to study Physics from the age of 14. I wanted to understand more about how the world "worked". ( - Yes, it sounds very "deep" and "philosophical", I know)].

And so, a few years ago I bought a second-hand set of textbooks, video-tapes, and audio-tapes from a student who had studied the British Open University Course "Space, Time and Cosmology".
Unfortunately ... I have *not* found enough time in the past few years to actually study this course-material ... but I was always worried that the video-tapes and the audio-tapes would get "old" and "die" before I could study them ... And so this weekend I made a DVD-copy of the video-tapes, and a CD-copy of the audio-tapes. I'm *very* pleased that I have completed this task: I would have been *very* angry with myself if I had tried to play the tapes in a few years ... and the tapes had "died".

***

I would have liked to do *more* things this weekend (for example: studying Japanese), but 2 young tourists (a boy and a girl) from Britain arrived in my house a few days ago, and they will be staying with me for the next few weeks, and they are taking up a lot of my ("precious") personal-time.
[I'll tell you something more about these tourists in the future].

Yesterday afternoon we worked together in the garden (and pulled out a lot of old+sick bushes), and this afternoon we had a barbeque. (This meant that I had no time to go to the gym this weekend ...)

In the past few days, we've also watched several movies together: "Blood Diamond" and "The Queen".
(I'm pleased that I've been able to watch a few of the movies that my friend in Japan saw several weeks/months ago ! I'm slowly catching up with you !).
.

No comments: