Thursday, 26 July 2007

A short holiday in the Dutch forests

.
Last weekend we went to a hotel on the outskirts of Apeldoorn.
Apeldoorn lies in the centre of the Dutch National Parks area, and the countryside is covered in forests.


.



I chose this hotel because it was very close to one of the bicycle paths through the forest, but also because the hotel had a "spa-centre".
The spa-centre turned out to be much smaller than I had hoped ... it did *not* have a (small) swimming-pool, as I hoped: but it did have a jacuzzi (for 4), a sauna, a steam-room, and a power-shower.
We went to the spa-centre twice, and it was very nice.

We rented bicycles for one day from the hotel, although unfortunately, the bicycles were too big, and it was not possible to make them smaller - and we cycled in the forest. It started to rain heavily at the end of the afternoon, and so we were completely soaked when we arrived back at the hotel ... but it was nice to be out in the "Natural World" for a day.

After the cycling, we got dressed up and had dinner in the hotel restaurant - well, the teenagers *tried* to have dinner ... their table-manners are not very impressive.

Unfortunately, the hotel cheated us with the bill ... but I sent them an e-mail after I returned home, and they quickly sent the extra money back into my account.
So it wasn't *all* bad.
.

No comments: