Tuesday, 10 July 2007

New address and title / Thoughtless tourists

.
It became necessary to change the address of this Blog, and I've taken this opportunity to change the title too.

I hope that the people who read the *old* version of this Blog will find me again in this *new* version.

***

I would like to tell you 2 stories from yesterday about my tourists:-

1. There was a comment/complaint that the printer connected to my PC didn't work anymore: after looking at the PC and printer for 2 seconds, I noticed that the data-cable for the printer had been pulled out from the back of the PC - this was done so that one of my tourists could charge up his iPod.
Unfortunately after recharging his iPod, he was too stupid/thoughtless to put the data-cable back in the PC again.

2. When these tourists arrive, I like to watch DVD-movies with them.
I bought several DVD's of new movies so that we (and especially *I* !) would have the opportunity to watch an up-to-date movie.
After watching a movie, I will ask them questions about what they have seen, what did they like or dislike about the movie, etc.
In the past week we have watched "Blood Diamond" and "The Queen", and I was looking forward to watching "Babel", "Sin city" and "Flags of our fathers" with them.

When I came home from the office yesterday evening I noticed that the DVD of "Babel" was beside the DVD-player.
During dinner, I asked them what they had done during the day, and they replied that they had watched "Babel".
I asked them if they thought that *I* might *also* have wanted to watch the movie with them, and that was the *first* time that they had thought about it.

- These people are completely thoughtless, and they have *no* concept of anything "outside" of themselves - and they are unable to imagine/understand the wishes of other people.

*WHY* should I spend *any* of my time with them ?
.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr.......oh..dear dear......


I am so sorry about you.
Normaly teenager is just stress for adult.
These peole are hard for me to deal with.
(I have had the class of a kind of advertisement for
young people(= from 18 to 20 years old!!!) . It was awful, tiredly, hardly...)


BUT?????

Where is their mother?


By the way...

Why did you changed the title?

I loved your previous title= ever the optimist.

But....




He~he.

Do not think about it deeply.

Basil Brush said...

.
I'm really pleased that you found this new address.
.
I *don't* want to sound like an "ogre" ( = Shrek), *and* I realise that *young* children are *young* ... but I expect more "thinking" and "consideration" from *teenagers*.
But these 2 teenagers are *not* bad - they are just insensitive to the existance of other people.

All of the teenagers that I know seem to be so *selfish*.

***

Their mother just wants them to be "happy", so she is *unhappy" if I scold them about their actions.


It makes me feel better that *you* also had/have problems with teenagers.
- I don't feel so "alone" !


I will write more in the Blog to answer the question about why I changed the title of the Blog.
(I didn't realise that someone *liked* the *old* title ! -- Would you like me to change the title *back* to the *old* title ?).