
.
This weekend I went to the British Junior School in The Hague ( - for the first time !) to attend their "International Day".
The picture above shows where the outside-actvities were held.
The "International Day" is a fund-raising event for the school whereby non-British parents (and teachers ?) make food-dishes from their own culture, and sell it to other parents (and teachers ?). I have been told that 30% of the children at the school are "non-British", and so there are lots of "international" parents who can help to make the event more "exotic".
I recognised several familiar faces (some people from my office, and some people from the English-language Theatre Group), and my Japanese teacher was also there (because her son is a student at this school).
She had made "Sushi" ( - I think !); she had successfully sold all of the things that she had made before I arrived, and she was leaving just as I was arriving. [Still, at least she now knows that I *would've* bought some of her sushi *if* she still had any left when I arrived !].
I didn't stay at the school for very long, because I had to do "research" at Ikea, a large (cheap) furniture store.
***
The "Plan" was *not* to buy anything in Ikea - but rather, to take photographs of "interesting things", and send these photographs to the Architect/Interior Designer of the house in Thailand, with instructions for him to "look-for-something-that-looks-like-this ... ".
I did have a little bit of success, but this is a *very* strange/difficult way to buy things for a house !
***
On Sunday I went to the gym ( = the cross-trainer, the rowing-machine, the stairs-machine, and the running-machine), and then I went to the sauna. In order to get "value-for-money", I would like to stay in the sauna for 15 minutes, but usually I start to feel uncomfortable after 5 minutes, and generally the heat becomes unbearable after 10 minutes. Today, I could only manage 7 minutes.
My shoulders have been feeling awful for several months, and I don't know if I should be exercising them *more* ... or resting them, and exercising them "less".
(And my foot is still not 100% recovered from the cycling accident in April ...).
I also spent some time today copying some of my old music-tapes into my PC.
Of course, one is *not* going to obtain "CD" quality in this way, but at least now from-time-to-time I will listen to some of these "old tapes" in CD-format.
Unfortunately, copying the tapes into the PC is a slow, uninteresting process. (I'm using a simple, unsophisticated computer-program which demands my constant attendance in front of the PC while it makes the copy).
Tomorrow is Japanese-lesson-day and Drumming-lesson-day, and so I have to do some preparation/homework this evening.
- I *wish* that I were clever, like the other Japanese/Drumming students ...
.
No comments:
Post a Comment