Saturday, 24 November 2007

Helping abandoned pets

.

.
.
.
Everyone has their favourite charities ( - please tell me *yours* !), and one of my favourites is a charity in Scotland that helps to protect animals. In particular, I support the charity's efforts to look after abandoned pets.
The charity runs a "Dog-and-Cat-Centre" in Glasgow, and I sponsor one of the dog-kennels in the Centre. This means that I help to pay for some of the bills for any dogs that need to be placed temporarily into "my" kennel.

I have just heard from the Centre that I was recently able to help "Youshi", an Akita Cross breed, who had been abandoned (probably because she had developed a problem with her eyes, and urgently needed to see a Vet). The Vet at the centre took care of Youshi's eyes, and she has now been re-homed with a "good" owner.
So hopefully there is now a happy ending to Youshi's story.
.


I hope that we all make an effort to try to make the world a (slightly) better place for other people (and animals) around us.
[I *hate* people who are 100% selfish, 100% of the time).
.

No comments: