.
Last night I rehearsed with my band - in fact, "rehearsed" is an exaggeration: we *practised* together, and played 10 (?) songs in 2.5 hours. We still made mistakes in several songs, but hopefully we are making *less* mistakes every time that we play them ( - and hopefully we are *not* making the *same* mistakes every time ...).
***
For the past 15 years (almost) I have been playing in the band in the annual Pantomime performed by a local theatre-group.
The Panto will be performed this year at the end of January.
However, no-one has contacted me yet, and so I'm now thinking that my "services" will not be required this year ( - maybe they wont have a band for this year's performance, or maybe they have asked another drummer).
I'll buy a ticket and go to the show - it will be strange for me to see the action from the point of view of the *audience*, instead of from the *stage*.
- I think that one cannot fully appreciate the "magic" of the show if (as a performer in the show) you are able to see all of the behind-the-scenes activities.
***
One of the video-tape-recorders in my house broke.
I will have to go to a shop to buy a replacement, but have you noticed - there are not many different models on sale in the shops.
VCR's have become an "old" technology.
Maybe this next VCR will be the *last* one that I can buy !
[But what will I do with all of my old video-tapes ??].
.
Thursday, 29 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(74)
-
▼
November
(16)
- Sean Taylor, Washington Redskins
- Stiff shoulders
- Practising with the band
- Going to Paris
- Helping abandoned pets
- Going to a restaurant for the evening
- Going to the theatre
- OK, I admit it ...
- ガレージ に いきました。
- *Another* one ?
- Going to Paris (finally !)
- New Tram Service
- More pictures
- I still don't have the time, but ...
- And then to San Francisco ...
- Stories from Honolulu
-
▼
November
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment