
My back has *always* been stiff, ever since I can remember actually *having* a back, and I have been going to a yoga-class for the past several years to try to improve my flexibility. But for the past 2 months, my shoulders have been feeling tighter-and-tighter, and I've been trying to prepare myself for visiting a (sports)-masseur.
Finally yesterday the discomfort became too much, and I telephoned a masseuse who works in a local Physiotherapy-Centre. Fortunately she had an open period in her appointment-book yesterday evening, and I went to see her for 45 minutes.
I had very stupidly (!) hoped that she would also be a trained physiotherapist, but no - she was just an experienced masseuse, who had studied for the Dutch Sports-massage exam.
She worked on my back, and shoulders, and this morning my shoulders feel a bit "tender", but the line between my shoulder-blades does feel a bit better.
I've made another appointment for next week.
***
Last Monday there was a news story in the American media about an American Football player who had been murdered in his home. The player was Sean Taylor of ("my" team) the Washington Redskins. I have been watching (and often enjoying) his hard-hitting playing-style for the past 3 years, and I find that I am actually grieving his death.
Because I have been on holiday for the past few weeks, I still have to watch the DVD's of the last 2 games of this season's Redskins games, and it will be really bizarre for me to watch Sean Taylor in action, knowing that he is now dead.
I never knew the man, but I am deeply saddened that such a physically-talented player has died before he could achieve his limits.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment