Here is an old picture of my office building (from 20 years ago).
We heard today at the office that our Top Management wants to "change" our Pension System: the Union told us that this would mean that our Pensions, after we retire, will be *reduced* by 10-20%. The Union organized a "Wildcat Strike" this afternoon, and invited the Staff to walk-out at 15.00. I don't know what is going to happen next.
I'm thoroughly dismayed by this news: it was my plan to (*possibly* !) retire in 4 or 5 (?) years time, but this might mean that I have to continue working at the office for several more years.
I know that I am not in the mood to produce any "extra" work at the office in the coming weeks/months.
Today I finished writing a letter in German to a Client: I needed help from a German colleague to write parts of the letter, because my knowledge of German is not good enough to write these letters by myself.
My next piece of work involves *Chemistry*, and I'm not looking forward to it.
I read the Blog of a friend today, and her life is *much* more interesting that my life - I tell myself it is because she is a Housewife, and she has *more* free-time to do different, interesting things. But I *also* think that she is a more interesting, more "social" person than I am, and that *this* is why she has a more interesting life.
- I *wish* that *more* of my friends would write a Blog.
I sent a gift to a friend last week, and I think that the gift has made her angry with me - I sent an e-mail to her mobile-telephone today, but she did not reply. Now I have to wait for her to contact me. That is, ... *if* she wants to contact me .....
About 8 years ago, my "favourite" niece stopped talking to me.
We haven't spoken to each other since then. I didn't know why she stopped talking to me, but when there is no communication, there are no answers.
She is now 24 years old.
However, out-of-the-blue she sent me an e-mail; she said that the breakdown in our relationship had left a "dark cloud" over her life (?!), and that she wanted to see if we could start "talking" to each other again.
I wrote back to her, and said to her that any problems between us were on *her* side, and not on *my* side.
Now she has arranged a trip to Holland next month to visit me, but I really have no idea what it will be like to meet her.
[I imagine that in the future our "new relationship" will *only* be the exchange of Christmas Cards. And if this is the case ... then why bother to "re-start" a relationship. I really don't understand her. In the future, I think that it is very unlikely that she is going to call me on the telephone to ask me about my health, my problems, etc].
This brings me onto the subject of my health - For the past 3 weeks, I have not been feeling 100% healthy, but I didn't want to waste the Doctor's time with my "little problems". However, I'm thinking that 3 weeks is long enough, ... and that I will go to his office tomorrow, and make an appointment with him for one day next week.
Hopefully, the problem will be "trivial", and everything will be "normal" again soon.
Thursday, 8 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(74)
-
▼
March
(14)
- Going to the "Movies"
- The death of a loved-one
- しびい お み に いきました
- The Washington Redskins American Football Team
- Today follows on from yesterday
- よくない ひ でした
- Mistakes in my Japanese ....
- にほんご ん コメント
- オランダ の はな 2
- オマンダ に はな が たくさん あります
- ストライキ !
- The Dog of the Parents of my Japanese Teacher
- Playing the drums
- オランダ の はる が はじまりました !
-
▼
March
(14)
No comments:
Post a Comment