.
The Raffles Hotel, Singapore

I'm back in Holland, and I've already gone back to work, but my head is *still* on holiday ( - for example, in the bar at the Raffles Hotel).
I'm just short of "enthusiasm" for *everything* at this time.
It's Sunday afternoon. and I've just cut the grass/jungle on the "lawn" ( - well, the toilet for the local cats ...) for the first time in 3 weeks, and I've also pulled out the *biggest* weeds in the garden.
I've also done some reorganising/backing-up of the files on my pc, I've paid a few bills, I've moved some money from bank-account A to bank-account B, and later this afternoon I'll write a few e-mails to friends ... but I'm still finding it *very* difficult to "settle down" after the holiday.
[*And* also later this afternoon/evening I have to so some preparation for a Japanese lesson tomorrow - And I also have a drumming-lesson tomorrow - and I have to do some "homework" for that lesson].
On Friday morning I was invited to join a band "temporarily" for 2 (?) months, because the wife of their "usual" drummer is going through a *very* difficult pregnancy. I asked the guitarist to tell me more about the style of music that the band was playing ... but I didn't get a reply.
- I wont have much time to practice anything before my first rehearsal with the band !
I wanted to buy a (cheap !) necklace for a friend, and so yesterday I looked all around the shops in the centre of The Hague for a velvet (or a leather) "choker" necklace.
Suffice to say ... I must be very old-fashioned, because these things are *not* sold anymore ...
Last week I successfully managed to record the first *half* of a movie from the television, the movie is called "Paradise Girls" ... the film is about the (different) problems that 3 (different) Asian ladies in 3 (different) countries have with (different) "males" in their lives ( - for one lady "the male" is her boyfriend/for the second lady it is her father/and for the third lady it is her son), and the film is about how the 3 ladies deal with their different problems/situations.
When I was in The Hague this weekend, I managed to find a copy of the DVD ! ... and so now I'll be able to see the ending - I hope that the end of the movie is worth €20 !
The *next* thing that I want to buy ( - if it's still being sold in the shops !) are pieces of insect/mosquito-net that I can use to replace the old material ( = 15 years old !) that is currently covering several of the windows on my house. The old material now has several holes in it, and it's just not working effectively anymore.
Meanwhile I have to go back to work tomorrow.
- Where are my "enthusiasm" pills ?
Note: Tomorrow morning I get *another* anti-Rabies injection ....
.
.
2 comments:
Dear Mr.Busy....
How long did you spend a time to write this comment?
You are < Yappari>,,,native English speaker.
Yumi DID English reading excersize this morning.
Muzukashiiii desu ga, omoshiroi desu.
Dewa mata~.
.
It takes me a l-o-n-g time to write something ( - even in English !).
I write, and then think, and then re-write, and then re-think, and then re-re-write, etc. I am *not* a "natural writer".
[ - This is *one* reason why my boss at the office is so unhappy with me !].
I really do try hard to write *very* simply - and so I'm very sorry if you find my comments difficult to read.
*Somehow* I must try to write even *more* simply ...
Post a Comment