.

Today was a Big Day for Sportsfans - this afternoon was the Ladies Final of the French Open "Roland Garros".
But while many people were sitting in front of the television .. I went to the gym for the first time in 6 weeks. (I had an accident 6 weeks ago when I was cycling and I collided with a pole, and then I came home and fell down the stairs: since then I have also been on holiday). But actually 'working" in the gym after this 6-week break was much easier that I had anticipated ... but my injured-foot felt strange at the end of my training.
I'm planning to go again tomorrow afternoon - you can be certain that my body *will* be hurting tomorrow !
So - there are "Sporters" like me, who "do sports" ... and there are "Sportsfans" who "watch sports".
Which are *you* ?
But I'm not really a "Sporter": I have *no* "competitive instict"; I *don't* want to *beat* the other guy, I would much rather just "play *with* him" than "play *against* him".
That's probably why I have *never* won any kind of sports-competition ... ( - well that *and* the fact that I *don't* have any talent for playing any kind of sport ...).
A friend asked me to tape the Final today - "Just in case" ... I choose a *3* hour video-tape: perhaps the match today would be exciting !
But no, it was *not* a contest, and the match lasted just over 1 hour.
I'm glad that I am not a tennis-fan: the match was a complete anti-climax.
*****
I spent another few hours today making back-up's of photographs on my computer.
I had to re-name several hundred photographs (because many of the photographs had the *same* "name" ... it's a l-o-n-g story !). Suffice to say the exercise was *mind-numbing*.
- And I *still* have to do this "re-naming" for several hundred *more* photographs ... before I am able to make the back-up's: my computer will not allow me to save several hundred photographs *when the photographs all have the same name* !
******
This evening I watched the second half of the Japanese movie "Mohouhan".
What a very strange movie !
It seemed to be a "crime" story, but the ending was a bit "fantasy".
I really don't know what to make of the story.
A Japanese friend suggested that I watch the movie ( - she had just read the book).
I will ask her how the *book* ended - was it the same strange ending as the movie ?
Q: Was the ending strange because it was a *Japanese* movie ? Or was it just a *strange* movie - in *any* language ?
I wish that I had more time to watch movies/television ...
I spent an hour this evening preparing for a Japanese lesson on Monday afternoon ... but I will have to spend *more* time tomorrow morning/afternoon/evening.
[Last week a new student visited/joined our class, but he is much more advanced than the "usual" members of my class - if he *has* decided to join our class ... then I *will* have even *more* problems than usual].
.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment