.
My car is called "Tina" ( - it's a long story ...).
Today was her 3rd bithday, and so she had to go to the garage to be tested for her first Government Safety Check ( - this has to be done every year in Holland when the car is 3 years or older - it is called an "APK").
It is *always* a crisis when Tina has to go to the garage - the garage always wants her to arrive at 08.00, and this means that I have to get out of bed at 06.00, and leave the house before 07.30 (and then *hope* that there isn't a traffic jam !).
And then I have to leave work early in the afternoon to collect her from the garage.
This time Tina only had a small problem, and the garage *thinks* that they have fixed it ... Let's hope that they *have* managed to fix it !
******
A friend contacted me today.
One the *one* hand: she "cheered me up", but on the *other* hand: she told me that she had a problem.
Her story made me sad.
I hope that she can find a solution to her problems soon.
******
A member of my family contacted me, and asked me to write a letter for her.
Even though she has been to university, this girl *cannot* write "clear" letters.
She had been accused of shoplifting 2 months ago, and she received a "lifetime ban" from a shop. She believes that the accusation was unjust, and she wanted the shop to change it's decision to ban her.
I wrote a letter for her 2 months ago, but the shop did not reply.
And so I wrote a *second* letter yesterday evening.
- I hope that *this* time she receives a reply - "one way or another" ...
******
I tried to order some extra parts for my drumkit.
I sent e-mails to 2 shops, but neither of the shops replied !
- And so I made the parts myself; I cut 2 pieces of wood, and used 2 bolts to fix everything in place. The results are *not* beautiful, but they work !
In a small way ... I am proud of myself.
******
I have just heard that my band ( - I am a "temporary" member in a pop/rock band) wants to *perform* next week.
I am *terrified*.
And speechless.
I don't think that *anyone* wants to look *stupid* in front of an audience.
Including me.
I hope that I get an injection of talent **quickly**
******
Note: Tomorrow is another "donkey" opportunity.
Q: Does everyone know what I mean when I talk about "donkeys" ?
- In the English language, a donkey is a *very* stupid animal.
******
A friend asked me today why I am not writing here about "The Big Story" that is taking place at this time in my life.
- I'll tell you all *later*; the time is not yet "ripe".
If I wrote about *everything* today - what would I write about *tomorrow* ?
.
Tuesday, 12 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(74)
-
▼
June
(13)
- か の アレルギー。
- げつようび は とても たのしいかった ひ です。
- A Holiday Weekend in Holland
- And the band played on
- Cultural Differences
- Tina goes to the garage
- Quote from Thumper's Mum
- More drumming homework
- Going to the gym
- Rehearsing with a new rock band
- Today = Not a good day
- Japanese lessons: A test for people who *think* th...
- Back at work, but ...
-
▼
June
(13)
No comments:
Post a Comment