
This is what one of my (very !) basic "music cheat sheets" looks like.
After I study the song more, and after I know what the band wants to do in the song, then I start to add some extra notes to the sheet.
******
This evening I rehearsed for the first time with a new band. [The "usual" drummer in the band is not able to rehearse with the band for the next 2 months, and I was invited to temporarily take over his position in the band].
For 2 days before the rehearsal, I had practised 3 songs well, and we played them together: *that* went reasonably well.
But then the band practised 7 songs that they had written themselves (and of course I had never heard before !), and *that* went *less* well ... (as you can imagine !).
Some of the songs that the band plays are quite interesting for me to play ... but there are other songs that are ... well ... *not* interesting - but playing in a band with other people is a "compromise"; each of the musicians in the band *should* be able to make his own suggestions about which songs the band will play, but sometimes you *will* be playing some songs that you just *don't* like. [ - And, of course, because I am only a *temporary* member ... I do not have *any* input of *any* kind].
- "You just can't be happy *all* of the time" when you're playing in a band.
[At the end of the rehearsal, one of the guitarists in the band told me l that I had played *much* better than he had expected ... it is not often that I receive a compliment like this !].
******
Yesterday evening I watched *half* of the Japanese movie "Mohouhan". The movie was suggested to me one month ago by a Japanese friend who had read the *book*.
I found the movie very *disturbing* - I hope that **somehow** it has a "happy ending" !!
******
I spent the last 2 days at the office doing work that I enjoy.
Unfortunately, *next* week I have to start doing work that I *don't* enjoy.
Please forgive me if I sound (even) less happy next week ...
******
I heard today from a friend that her mother is (slowly) dying of "old age". (Her mother's body is quite simply "worn out").
"Death" disturbs me enormously, because it is so "final" ( - there are *very* few people who can make some kind of "contribution" after they are dead).
I have only known this lady for the past 6 years, but I wish that she could live *forever*.
The world will be a "lesser place" when she dies: there are "good people" and "bad" people in the word ... and she is one of the "good" people.
******
I am going to spend several hours this weekend studying Japanese.
I just don't know what I *should* know.
- Does this sound so bizarre for a student ? -- I only want to know the things that (at my "level") I *should* know.
Let's hope that (somehow !) I magically become smarter between now and Monday afternoon.
.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment